Friday, May 10, 2024

Regulatory Bodies

Ofcom

Section One: Protecting the under-18s

When looking at section one, I understand, that it clearly states the rules of scheduling and showing the material. But what Ofcom do is that they show materials that is appropriate for over the age of 18 but they make sure that anyone who is not old enough does not see it, to protect them. With my radio programme I need to make sure i obey all of Ofcom's rules and do not get my radio show taken down by them.

Section Two: Harm and Offence

When looking at section two, I understand, that it clearly states how there are high standards to produce, when making sure members of the general public do not get harmed by any material. I won't be using this section as much because I am producing a radio show. But there will be some references that will talk about harm as it will link to social media and only be spoken about in the story.

Section Three: Crime, Disorder, Hatred and Abuse

When looking into section three, I understand what it talks about when talking about how they (Ofcom) don't want to show any crime being committed or promote anything to do with crime, disorder, hatred and abuse. With my radio programme I will have to make sure that in my radio programme I will have no crime, but in the storyline there may be some social abuse or some hatred towards a character but this is all merely educational to teach teens of the younger years about all of this so that they may understand it and help someone if they are struggling with any of it. It also teaches them that these things are wrong.

Section Four: Religion

When looking into section four, I clearly understand that Ofcom does not want anyone to be disrespected or worse their religion disrespected, so I will have to make sure that in my radio programme there is nothing that will offend anyone's religion.

Section Ten: Commercial communications on radio

When looking at section 10, I clearly understand that all Ofcom wants is to make sure that the person who is listening, i.e. the consumer is protected and that they feel comfortable listening to the radio show. This is called secured consumer protection, and this is what Ofcom wants and I will have to make sure that my radio programme feels safe and comfortable for the consumer to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rushes Log